Hamas War

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I Had No Idea That There Had Been Rioting Today in Jerusalem

I saw this on facebook.


I spent all afternoon today working in Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin with Arabs and Jews. There were memorial candles lit in memory of "the boys," with their pictures. And some of us discussed the tragedy of the boys' murder and how hard it must be for their family and friends. I hadn't a clue as to what was happening in Jerusalem.

Isn't it amazing that we all refer to the three murdered teenagers as "the boys" and know who we mean?

HaMkom yinachem...
May G-d comfort the families....



1 comment:

Leah said...

I, too refer to these beautiful kedoshim Hy'd as "the boys." We are all brothers and sisters klal Yisrael.
In all of the hespedim I heard there is one word that stands out: divisiveness. It is a word whose meaning in action needs to be avoided. If we can continue with strength to have compassion for one another and see the other's plight before our own ego then maybe, just maybe Hashem will have mercy on us and bring in the geulah. I sincerely pray for this.